Oreo Cupcakes

>> Friday, September 12, 2008


Three of my favorite friends at work celebrated their birthdays this week. So to celebrate the occasion I made my first attempt at homemade cupcakes. I would like to start by saying that my crafts have about a 65% success rate. I make a lot of things that do not make the blog. A while back I attempted one of those vintage bunny dolls and it turned out very scary looking. I have not had the heart to offer it to any of the children I know. I'm guessing it will not be that popular.

I made a version of a Black Bottom Cupcake with a cream cheese and chocolate filling. And they turned out insanely good. If you are going to a party any time soon this will be a definite hit.

How To:
Preheat oven for 350

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix all together with a whisker or fork

Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

After making filling fill cupcake cups 2/3 with cupcake batter and then put a dollop of the filling in the cup and the cover with more cupcake batter.

Bake for 20-25 min

Icing
10 ozButter (softened)
2 cup Confectioners sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
6 tsp. Hot Water

beat sugar and butter with a mixer
add vanilla and water

On a side note: I have not baked a great deal from scratch...Buttercream icing is bad for you! Yikes! I clogged everyone's arteries at my wedding...but it's ok for special occasions right!?

Ta-da!


Oh and I added an Oreo on top for fun (I love Oreos!) and I sprinkled some cocoa powder on top. So I've named my version of this cupcake the Oreo Cupcake.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP