My Favorite Summer Craft

>> Monday, June 2, 2008

My favorite summer craft is working in my yard. Prior to buying our house I never though I would want to go outside in the 90 degree Memphis heat to do anything, much less pull weeds. But there is something very fulfilling about planting something and watching it grow. I look forward to standing out in the yard in the afternoons with the garden hose in one hand and a cold drink in the other. Last year I had this very patriotic red and white thing going on, but this year I was inspired by some neighbors a few doors down and I went with the hot pink and lime green. I think I 'm liking it way better. Hopefully my plants will be as enormous as they were last year.

Bryan also planted three Crepe Myrtles in the yard yesterday. They are little babies right now, but I love crepe myrtles in the middle of the summer. So I'm excited to see how they turn out. He did a wonderful job. Our other motive in planting these was also to block the view of the ugly duplex across the street. Our big tree we used to have caught a disease last year and had to be chopped down. We were shortly there after having breakfast in our dining room and noticed...man, that house across the street sure is ugly. So these little guys are our attempt to restore our view.



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP