DIY Kid's Art Table {for less than $20}

>> Monday, February 25, 2013

We have a little corner in our living room that I have never bought anything for because I knew one day I wanted to find a table and chairs to stick over there for Remi. And because it is in our living room, I wanted it to look the least amount preschool as possible.  Pinterest brought to my attention that the Ikea Lack side table is the perfect height for a kid's table. People have posted a lot of really creative ideas on different ways to use it. But I was sold a. because it's $7.99 and b. when you stick a 22 month old next to it, it looks exactly like a tiny white lacquered parsons table.

I did want to make it into a crafting/art station. No instructions necessary. We purchased two hooks and a wooden dowel from Home Depot, $8 total. The roll of paper is also from Ikea. Cut, screwed, and done! Easiest, cheapest, cutest art table ever. At least I think so.


We did this over Valentines Day weekend, thus the decor. I also bought two Mammut stools and a Ribba picture ledge. It's a pretty cute little corner, especially when this guy is over there doing his thing.

11 comments:

WanderingLili February 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM  

Have to admit that's a pretty cute corner (and a pretty cute kid too)!!!

Rachael February 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM  

I love it! I've been thinking about doing the same thing with an extra lax I have. Thanks for the inspiration!!

www.myolsonfamily.blogspot.com

Design Esquire February 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM  

GREAT idea. Your son is too cute. Look at his little face! He loves the table too.

LindsB February 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM  

I love this idea, so genius! The little model is adorable too :)

Anonymous,  February 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  February 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  February 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pve design February 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM  

You are such a great Mom. I bet he is happy to "go to his corner" and create for you anytime.
pve

Anonymous,  March 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  March 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP