A Baby in the Closet!?

>> Monday, January 14, 2013

All the cool kids are doing it...
Ashley and Aron from Hither and Tither
Jordan Ferney from Oh Happy Day!
and then x2....

And a couple of years ago during a quick trip to NYC I met Jenny from Little Green Notebook and somehow we started talking about apartment sizes. She joked that her youngest daughter slept in a closet. 

Later that year she did a blog post with her floor plan and there was her closet third bedroom just as she described.

And so I was simply following in very illustrious footsteps when I decided this weekend that the newest addition to our family will be residing in the closet. You see, after this post, Remi's fairly good sleeping habits went to the crapper. It. was. terrible. One night when Bryan was on call I contemplated calling the cops to complain about the noise in my own apartment. You want to know the best thing about the trundle bed from my last post? I can roll the bottom bed all the way over to the little stinker's crib and lie down next to him without getting him out of bed, because lying on the floor with one arm in a crib stinks, but lying on the floor 7 months pregnant with one arm in a crib really stinks.

Two weeks ago the mini crib came and we let it sit in our mail room for a week. I really had no idea where I was going to put it. And then in a moment of exhausted delirium genius I got out the tape measure just to see if I were able to re-locate my husband's side of our closet to another area of the house, would the mini crib fit? And you know what, it did!

It fit like it was meant to be. And to be fair, we split my side of the closet 50/50. At this point my wardrobe is down to three dresses and two pair of leggings anyway. And at first I just wanted to put the crib in there and be done with it. But once we set it up, it was so cute. The designer in me came out and now I have all kinds of big plans for that TINY 4'-8" x 2'-2" space. One of the images I keep coming back to is this one from Cottage Living.
Adorable right? And not much larger than the space I am working with. I don't think I have ever been more excited about 9 sf in my life (the nesting has started much earlier this time). But even more than that, I am excited to have separate spaces, with separate doors, for both of my babies to sleep. One day they can share a room. Maybe one day we will live in a bigger house. But one day is most certainly not 8 weeks from today!

Plus, I've heard even if they share rooms at this age, getting two under two to nap in the same room is nearly impossible. And this mama takes nap time very seriously.

Stay tuned for more details on my nursery in a closet!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP