I Guess Everything IS Better in Texas {diagonal stripes continued}

>> Monday, September 26, 2011

This weekend I did a little internet perusing to see if I could track down that diagonally striped fabric from the last post. I have yet to locate the larger scale, but I did find this little pattern via the Best Little Fabric Store in Texas. They do not put scales on their photos, but I'm thinking this is on the small to medium side.

And then I got a little more creative with my searching and found diagonally striped fabric tape in this cute little Etsy shop, that also happens to come out of the state of Texas.
She also sells black and white twine, which if you think about it, is a teensy tiny diagonal stripe.
Another thought I had was if you wanted to do add a diagonal stripe as a trim down one side of a curtain panel, kind of like this...
You could cut strips out of a couple yards of chevron patterned fabric and fold them in half. It would create such nice detail to have the stripe going one way on the side of the panel and then on the back side, have it go the opposite way.
But speaking of Texas, anyone else want to be Tami Taylor when they grow up? or at least harness some of her wise parenting skills? Mr. Sabbe and I have been burning through some Friday Night Lights via Netflixs. We never watched the show when it was on tv, but now we are obsessed.  A couple of weeks ago I heard him tell our baby "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts...CAN sleep through the night"

He totally wants to be Coach Eric Taylor.

Texas Forever 
{insert Tim Riggins' southern, with a dash of Canadian (mainly when he says the word college), accent}


10 comments:

Brittany September 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

couldn't you buy regular striped fabric and just sew it on the diagonal? Might not work for big projects, but for something small like a pillow it would be so easy!

Stephanie Sabbe September 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Sabbe September 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

Yes, you could totally do that for pillow. But for drapery you would have big ugly seams:)

annie September 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

I love all the chevron stripes...Including the twine...in any color....every color actually.

I have my first giveaway and it's a Glassbaby!

Heather (love your space) September 26, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

FNL is one of the Best. Shows. Ever. I aspire to be Tammy Taylor, for sure! Did you know that Parenthood is from the same creator/writers? IT has lots of the same great real-parenting situations. If you don't watch it, check it out!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File September 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

I LOVE Friday Night Lights! Didn't want the series to end... love Riggins. Is he Canadian?

Environs Development September 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Diagonal stripes add such a bold statement--nice!

Kristen,  September 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

I LOVE that show too. I have such a crush on Coach Taylor, and am thrilled he won an Emmy. I swear they were the best tv parents ever!

And love the chevron stripes.

kendi September 26, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

Um...obviously you need to experience this first hand. Time to send the Sabbe resumes to TX and join the fun!!

Molly @ The Nesting Game September 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM  

My husband and I consider the Taylors our marriage role models. They are fantastic. I'm reading the FNL book right now---it's really fascinating. Not as personal as the show--more sociological--but great.

Love your blog, btdubs. I lived in Memphis for 8 years and enjoyed your POV of the city. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP