Figuring It All Out

>> Friday, July 15, 2011

Joanna Goddard is doing a series on working mamas, in creative fields, that I think is just great. Since picking back up on a few design projects over the past couple of weeks, a great deal of my energy has been spent on trying to figure out our new routine. I am no where close to having it down. I was telling a friend earlier this week, it's hard when you love what you do for a living. I always thought I would want to be a 100% stay at home mom when the opportunity came along. But now that I'm there, I realize, in some capacity, I want both. I read Tina Fey's Bossypants (hilarious!) a couple of months ago and loved what she had to say on the topic. My first goal has been be to establish days where I work and days that I do not. And the days that I do not, I am screening calls, avoiding emails, and spending all my energy watching my little nugget grow. Because he is growing so, so fast....

11 weeks...on vacation
daddy forgot my lion
I will say, I have some pretty awesome clients. Remi has been on more job sites and through more showrooms in his 14 weeks of life than most intern interior designers. I also understand that I am very blessed to have the option of doing the part time thing. 

It's been the best 14, almost 15 weeks of my life!


the Frugal Ecologist July 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

interesting to hear how working gals a make it work with little ones. And your baby is so adorable - you got some great expressions here :)

Emily July 15, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

omg, i heart these pics. That one ont he beach is priceless! hope all is well!

{eleise} July 15, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

ADORABLE!!! I just love this pics!!

Amy Ogles July 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

What a big ole cuttie pie!

Jessica July 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

Look at that chunk!!!! The difference from 12-14 weeks is amazing. I lub it.

Megan Lee July 16, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

I love the progression of his chubby thighs :) Too cute! My son is almost 13 weeks old and I've been taking weekly photos as well. It's so fun to look through them and see how much they change and really see when they have growth spurts. And doesn't your heart grow just as much week by week??

pve design July 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

My twins are "18" and time goes so fast. Enjoy your work of raising your son and your business! It is all about balance and juggling...sort of circus like!

Marianne {Style For Living} July 18, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Absolutely adorable! What a great way to capture each week. You are so creative! xo

Malinda and Del July 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

I struggle with the working mom thing more than I ever thought I would. I LOVED my job! I mean what intern loves their job, but I totally did. I never thought I would have real problems going back to work but I totally do. I have realized however that I need an attitude adjustment (daily). I read something Ann Curry wrote in which she said she came to the realization one day that her job is what allows her children to have clothes, food and dental insurance and that's why it's important. So true. So I have decided that I am going to "like" my job. My child will be fine. He will still know I love him. Being a mom will always come first but working is a necessity (at least for now).

A Delightful Design July 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

He is incredibly cute! Those photos are priceless. You are the third person to recommend Bossy Pants so I must check it out! Thanks for visiting my blog today.


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP