Figuring It All Out

>> Friday, July 15, 2011

Joanna Goddard is doing a series on working mamas, in creative fields, that I think is just great. Since picking back up on a few design projects over the past couple of weeks, a great deal of my energy has been spent on trying to figure out our new routine. I am no where close to having it down. I was telling a friend earlier this week, it's hard when you love what you do for a living. I always thought I would want to be a 100% stay at home mom when the opportunity came along. But now that I'm there, I realize, in some capacity, I want both. I read Tina Fey's Bossypants (hilarious!) a couple of months ago and loved what she had to say on the topic. My first goal has been be to establish days where I work and days that I do not. And the days that I do not, I am screening calls, avoiding emails, and spending all my energy watching my little nugget grow. Because he is growing so, so fast....

11 weeks...on vacation
daddy forgot my lion
I will say, I have some pretty awesome clients. Remi has been on more job sites and through more showrooms in his 14 weeks of life than most intern interior designers. I also understand that I am very blessed to have the option of doing the part time thing. 

It's been the best 14, almost 15 weeks of my life!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP