Sewing Day Two {Shirt to Bubble}

>> Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In my efforts to participate in the Kid's Clothes Challenge I made my guy another little bubble, this time out of an old dress shirt of mine. It never fit well and has pretty much been hanging in my closet for three years.

So I cut up the fabric, pulled off the buttons, and re-used them to make this.
I had the green fabric left over from a previous project. I really wanted it to fit him now, but he was having a somewhat sensitive day yesterday, so I didn't wake him to measure.
Hopefully by the time it actually feels like Spring here, it will fit.

Is he not the cutest little pumpkin ever?


RAENOVATE May 10, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

you are officially, SUPERMOM!

Sara Caldwell May 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

love it! What bubble pattern are you using?

Honeybee Ministries May 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Girl! Do you ever slow down?! I wanna be like you when I grow up :) You remind me Proverbs 31...

She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night. Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber...........
......She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”


Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss May 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

A proverbs 31 woman--- what a compliment!!!

He is a-dor-a-ble.

Can you believe that i am planning Collins' first birthday party that is in three weeks?!?!?!

Stephanie Sabbe May 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

thanks Mel, that is the sweetest compliment.

Sara, I modified a pattern that I purchased from this website:

LindsB May 10, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

I want to eat him! love that little guy!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime May 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

I am so impressed! bravo! baby Sabbe wears it well :)

Adrienne May 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

Stephanie - he is just too cute!!!

oaxacaborn May 10, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

he is super adorable. and so is the outfit. =)

kendi May 12, 2011 at 12:14 AM  

need a babysitter? I'm free* :-)
*cost of plain ticket not included

kendi May 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

did I just spell "plane" like "plain" terrible. don't worry, I wont' try and teach him spelling.

Tiffany @ Savor Home May 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

Is there anything that you don't do well??!! I love his outfit and he is especially adorable!

annie May 14, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

So I wish I could sew. This is adorable and even better that's it's made from a shirt.

Ashley May 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

Remi is SO yummy! Love him!

Ashley May 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Remi is SO yummy! Love him!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP