Favorite Gifts

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

If you haven't heard, it's baby making season. I feel like I have a friend a day announce they are pregnant. Unfortunately my crafting time has been limited these days so I've been forced to go with store bought gifts. When it was wedding season I usually stuck to the registry. Although one of my personal favorite gifts was a non-registry item, a le creuset casserole dish. But with babies, and me living all the way in Boston, I tend to venture off the registries and find something that will fit in a cute little package.

An easy idea for all my Tennessee friends is anything baby sized and orange. I was perusing the Allmodern.com site today for a client when I decided to take a break and click on the baby gear section. Look how cute...

Baby Star Soy Organic Buddha Onesie in Tangerine

Swaddle Designs Ultimate Receiving Blanket in Orange Mod Circles on White

 This would be a very good shower gift, right Tennessee people? And both are right around $20.

What are some favorite gifts you have given or received that were not on a registry?



Lili August 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Ooooh La La!!! We love all things orange at this house! We didn't know how big she'd be for football season so we've put off buying her game day outfit but these are really cute and have made the short list.

Simone - honeyandfizz August 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

I agree, there is a baby boom in my town too! Your gifts are perfect. I like to give cot sheets or books, although it always changes. I'm a bit of an impulse shopper! :)

Emily August 16, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

SOOO fun! i could look at baby stuff all day long I think. That blanket is adorable. Go with that one :)

Kelly August 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

My cousin gave me Nancy Thomas' Days of the Week collection. I love them! They didn't fit with the theme in Marlee's room, so I used them in the bathroom. Once Cooper came along, I placed them above his dresser against the light blue wall. I would love to have her collection of the months of the year.

On a less expensive note, I think a pampering gift for the mom to be is wonderful and often forgotten!

Courtney and Jason G. August 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

I also loved getting labels and stationary for Graham. The "bumpy" ones from: inchbug label.

And mom gifts are ALWAYS nice. Especially a great lipgloss!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss August 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I love so many things that I received- but my favorites (and I'm not just saying this because you gave me one) but was the items made by friends- onesies, burp cloths, bibs, etc. You can never have too many of those things!

Heather August 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

those 'swaddle designs' blankets are the absolute best! i LOVE the orange one...and not JUST b/c I am a tennessean! GREAT GIFT!

Carissa August 23, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

aidan and anais muslin swaddling wraps... especially for a summer baby

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP