Le Pompidou

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One of my favorite blogs these days is Caitlin Wilson's Style Files. She's not only a terrific Interior Designer, but she travels more than any person I have ever met and blogs about it, so we can all live vicariously through her. She recently went to Paris, which made me go back and look at some photos of Mr. Sabbe and I's trip to Paris and I found some great images from our visit to the Pompidou. As with many things in Paris, the Pompidou is something I had learned a great deal about in college and was beyond thrilled to get to experience it first hand. The architectural history is amazing, and the art inside is even more amazing.

Never in my life have I been more excited to see a urinal.
I want to go back. Today.

12 comments:

Design Esquire July 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

freesparrow July 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

If you do go back, there is a little restaurant nearby that makes crepes with pears and blueberries and flambeed in Gran Marnier! I crave it all the time! (we went there for our honeymoon)

Kristen July 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Oh your post made me miss Paris and studying Art History! Let all go to Paris for the day!

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design July 21, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Love it there too!
ps. we will definitely let you know if we make it out to NYC soon :)

caitlin wilson July 21, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

you are so sweet to mention me...i had to check the blog when i saw the POMPIDOU, i love the pompidou...and studied right by there on my study abroad in college!

carlee July 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

I miss Paris too. We only spent a few days there. Sad Face. Lets plan a trip back!

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth July 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Ahh yes, I went there too on my only trip to Paris. We skipped the old fancy museums, but this one was a must. I want to go back so bad too!

Raina Cox July 21, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

Hello and thanks so much for stopping by La Lamp Shade today!

Best,

Raina
If the Lamp Shade Fits

AB HOME Interiors July 21, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Oh what beautiful and inspiring photos!

Aron July 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

It is one of my favorite museums in Paris! I just found out a friend of mine is putting together an exhibit there in a few years. I really hope I can figure out a way to go!

Haven and Home July 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Well if I can't go myself I am glad I get to see it through her eyes. So much creativity to take in!

Rebecca July 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

It's wonderful there. I live just across the sea from France and don't visit often enough! Love your photos.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP