Empire State of Mind

>> Monday, July 19, 2010

Here are a few tiny glimpses of my Tribeca project.
We have a ways to go, but this project has really been fun.

And Trisha brought this video to my attention last week and now I am 100% obsessed with PS22.
Can I please be a 5th grader in Brooklyn? Look at their little faces. I think we were playing handbells with the white gloves when I was about this age....and our faces were not this excited.
And while you are at it, make sure to watch this one too.


Jessica July 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

PS22 makes me so happy. Have you wa tched the phoenix one? amazin.

yvonne@designvignettes July 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

I love faux bois! Can't wait to see it on the walls ...

Design Esquire July 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

It's really coming along. That outdoor area is so cool.

Emily July 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Um, PS22. OBSESSED. I listen to them at work ALL the time. makes me wish i started my singing career early on.
The place is coming along great!!

Lili July 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

I think I like their versions better than the real ones!

LOVED catching up on your blog It's been an hour of Sabbe Spot and now off to Target with the wee one~~~

Cyndie July 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

The project is looking GREAT babe! Congrats!

Dayka (Life +Style) July 20, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

this guy is like, the best music teacher ever! i've seen his stuff before, and i love how passionate he is about music, and how he integrates popular songs to get the kids interested. kudos to him!

Trish July 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

Thanks for the shout out - I do so love PS 22!

My dear, this projects looks amazing! I love that light fixture - gorgeous!

As for the garden...those trees simply must go! I would love to get my hands on that balcony! Wish I lived in NYC, I'd do it for you in a heartbeat.

carlee July 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

First of all, so excited to see your project finished! And the videos gave me goosebumps! Amazing. We sang the state song back then, not that cool. Remember it? All the states in alpha order...ugh.

carlee July 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

p.s. i meant part of your project. duh.

Haven and Home July 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

First, I love where your project is going, looks awesome!!!! I am so jealous you are getting to work in NYC.

Second, those kids are AMAZING. Wow, I am blown away. The spirit and creativity of kids these days blows me away. Sadly, I was probably playing the handbells too. haha

Rebecca July 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

It looks great! Love the ceiling light.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP