Meet Me on the Lawn

>> Thursday, January 7, 2010

At Toole Ad agency you can meet someone on the lawn on the way to the break room.


The conference rooms are below grade and grass is planted in a tray like deck on top. It's an interior green roof! love it.
 
 
I love the way they did these offices.... looooove frameless glass.

Side Note: I once designed a corporate office space where we used a ton of frameless glass. I thought it was so clean and crisp and some how convinced our client that they did not need to put any type of film on the glass for safety reasons. I believe my exact words were "no one is just going to walk into a door, it has a handle. They will see it, trust me." A week later I am on the job site, doing the punch list and I hear SMACK. I turn around and a senior accountant, who works for the firm, is holding his nose...blood running down his mouth. My client looks at me and smiles.
I designed a film pattern for the glass that afternoon.

 
 
I love this space. I not only want to work here, but I want a client that is this fun.

images Interior Design Magazine

12 comments:

LindsB January 7, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

aw that poor person with the bloody nose...blame the designer that's for sure :)

Rebecca January 8, 2010 at 3:37 AM  

Your story about the glass made me laugh hehe. I love love love the grass!!!! So fun!! It would make this such an exciting place to work at -- much better than a gloomy staffroom. Imagine having picnic meetings everyday :)

(I wonder how it stays so green -- it looks healthier than most lawns outside!)

Stephanie January 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Awesome! Except I would have to take my shoes off in the middle of the day and walk across that grass barefoot! The roof of one of the buildings at the Ford plant in Detroit is a "green roof" It's very cool too. I just found your blog recently and I love it so much! I read your post about being a Mary in a Martha world, wow, gotta read that book! Thank you for not only sharing your design sense, but also the love of Christ!

Rachel January 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

I love the look of frameless glass as well. My workplace has it for all the conference rooms.

My workplace also has "bring your dog to work" day. One day I brought my dachshund, Fred, to work and he got out of my cube and ran down the hall (with me chasing after him). At the end of the hall was one of the conference rooms filled with people. Fred saw the people and made a 90 degree turn, straight into the glass. He made a fantastic noise as he hit the glass and everyone in the conference room turned to look. Fred was just dazed enough for me to reach him and scoop him up.
Poor Fred. But awesome design!

jenelisebeth January 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Gosh, working there I would just feel so...healthy. I don't know, the air just looks like it would be healthier in that space than it is in our stifling office.

carlee January 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

I really, really, really like this office. I want to work there.

jeanine January 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

It would be amazing to work in that office, unfortunately in New England it might not be as fun to go outside to get to the breakroom during the winter months.

It's nice to dream though...

:)

daisymay January 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

I want to work somewhere like that, it seems fun!!

Stephanie Sabbe January 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Rachel! your comment made me laugh out loud at work today!

annelise January 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

I would take a nap on that grass every day.

Megan January 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

oh, I just love this. I want to work in a space like this!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP