A New Year's Retreat

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009


 
 
 
 
 

Earlier this month I asked Mr. Sabbe to describe his favorite architectural style. His description was glass, wood, and you look out and do not see any other buildings. I think he was more or less describing his dream home and not his favorite architectural style, but what is it with men's desire to own a big tract of land out in the middle of nowhere? I always say that I am perfectly fine in the city.

Looking at the photos of this WRB retreat home in Stockholm helps me understand his desire to escape. So peaceful, relaxing, and simple. I wouldn't mind starting my New Year right there in that wooden chair, blanket around my shoulders, with a glass of wine in hand. You?

9 comments:

Emily December 31, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I could definitely vacation there but would be scared of all those windows at night.

So excited to see what you do with the frame. I think it would look great in white!

We definitely all need to get together again. I am so happy to have met you this year and I hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve!

Deliciously Organized December 31, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

I would also like to be sitting there. To have a porch like that would be dreamy and that many windows? Love it. But, would never want to have to clean all of them...

Lauren December 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

I would NEVER leave! This home is so amazing!

paula December 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

this place is insanely gorgeous! Have a happy new year.

Sara January 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

yes. gorgeous. love it.

Rebecca January 1, 2010 at 5:13 AM  

It's stunning.. I would love to live there!

Kristin January 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Make it bubbly and I'm there. That is gorgeous! Happy new year!

Jaime January 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

Gorgeous gorgeous! Take me there! Happy new year :)

Lili January 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

I often get the same answer when asking the Hub about dream home features. To me, there is nothing exciting about being 50 miles from the nearest grocery store (neither would he if we ran out of coffee or T.P.).

The concept is wonderful and I think it would be cool for a week, maybe two, but the reality of no buildings in sight is what Stephen King novels and slasher movies are made of and I'm too chicken fo rthat! =)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP