Designer's Home Tour {Kendi's Apartment}

>> Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have decided to start a new series on my blog entitled Designer's Home Tour. As a designer, people are constantly commenting to you "oh, I bet your house is so cute." This makes myself and other designer friends of mine laugh because, while we are creative and know the parts and pieces of making a great space, young designers typically do not make that much money. We therefore cannot spend much money fitting out our own homes to what most people consider"designer" standards.

But after going to design school and working in the industry the past 5 years, it occurred to me that I have a lot of friends who have done some really fun things with their teeeeny designer budgets and I've asked a couple of them to share with us.

So first off I bring you Kendi's apartment. Kendi is a fabulous designer who worked with me in Memphis. There is a "paint the walls back the way you found them" rule for her apartment, so she very cleverly created a wide stripe that ribbons around her entire first floor space...which would be very easy to paint over when she's ready to leave. I love her eclectic style.




I think this same idea would be fun to try with wallpaper, or fabric, using the starch application tutorial I've been wanting to try forever.

Thanks Kendi for letting us peek around your apartment!

p.s. I have a little announcement/deal I'm going to post later this afternoon, so stop back by

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP